Thursday, March 06, 2008

Glucosamine.....Is It Safe?

Maybe not according to recent reports. There seems to be an otherwise healthy man in the UK who has died after starting treatment with glucosamine. I have been reading different blogs for a few days about all this recent information.



Dr. Crippen, who is the NHS Blog Doctor, sometimes snarky, sometimes humorous, but always interesting, has this to say of it all.

I was so lucky to find "Battling Arthritis" blog the other day. Oh, it is one that is full of so much information. This is her take on glucosamine.

Personally, I have never been a big fan of it for myself. I did try it several years ago when my treatment options became very limited. It was sort of humorous, when all my Drs. who had previously told me not to even bother with trying it, "it will not work for you" was there standard response, when I would ask about it. Then they all became an advocate of me trying it, once they realized there would be no more NSAIDS or COX-2 inhibitors for me.

I tried it, and I noticed no difference at all. Has any one had good luck with it? Will you still continue using it? I wonder if using it will even be an option, or if it will be pulled from shelves?

No comments: